Wednesday, July 21, 2010

To Kiss and Tell: Semadar

Contrary to what you might think, I am quite the lover-boy with a significant list of conquests. As sleazy as it is, I have decided that I have protected the innocence of my love partners for long enough, so I am converting some of this blog into an exciting “Tell All” trip down memory lane and I don’t care whose image is tarnished in the process. My first love was Claudia. To read about the long-lasting and powerful impression I left upon her, simply scroll down a bit. But get some ice cubes your ears might sizzle from the white-hot details.

Semadar was the second woman to earn my affection. She was the first “older” woman that I allowed into my inner circle. She was 24-years old at the time: standing 5’ 8” and hosting the body of a Goddess. She was a bit more experienced than I was, but I was more than willing to sample her wears. One weekend we “got together” EIGHT times in a marathon of mad passion.
I was not the first fellow to observe Semadar’s incredible natural beauty. The legendary movie director Cecil B. DeMille saw it well before I did. In fact, she had a different name when DeMille met her. In those days, she was known as Angela Lansbury.

In 1949, Demille took on a new movie called Samson and Delilah. It was a story right out of the book of Judges in the Bible. In it, a strong man (Samson) defeats an entire army using only the jawbone of an ass as a weapon. One of the local kings wanted to find out how to defeat such a strong man. So, the king summoned Samson to his court to meet him.

At that meeting, Samson discovers Delilah’s gorgeous sister, Semadar, played by Angela Lansbury. So a love triangle ensues: Delilah loves Samson, but Samson loves Semadar (Lansbury). To complicate matters I discovered the Oscar-winning movie when I was 8-years old, and I too fell in love with the sexy blonde Semadar.

I don’t think I really understood the difference between actresses and the characters on the screen, but Semadar was the first woman I ever noticed as a sex object. I wasn’t wise enough to imagine her naked or anything like that but she sparked a “feeling” that was new to me. She made my mind drool.



All of that was complicated by the fact that one of my distant relatives was the manager of the movie theater, so he let me and my close friends into the movie for free. I spent one entire weekend in the theater adoring Semadar. I think I watched that fateful movie and the eye-popping beauty eight times altogether.

Many years later, the movie came on TV one night and I was anxious to see who it was that played Semadar. As it turned out it was Angela Lansbury of Murder She wrote. By then Lansbury was 60ish and still very attractive. As I write this, Lansbury is about 85 and still alive.

In fact, this article has prompted me to look up a couple of Lansbury’s fan clubs on line. This morning I sent her a request for a signed picture. This is the only time I have ever done anything like that. It will be a double-hoot if I do indeed get a signed picture from the Octogenarian. If so, I wonder if it will make my wife jealous.


at age 24

A bunch of Lansbury pictures

Drop by my other blog

No comments: