Saturday, July 17, 2010

To Kiss and Tell: Claudia

I have been married nearly 40 years now, and I dearly love my wife, but even an old-timer like me likes to hang on to the exciting memories from the good old days. Today, I caught myself thinking about my earlier loves. Claudia was the first.

Claudia was a very cute blonde: Petite and sorta giggly.

About 17 years ago I saw Claudia again. At the time, I was hosting a booth at a home and garden show. I was a Realtor with ReMax. I had a big inflated balloon behind me. I also displayed several signs with my name on them and some others that encouraged passers-by to stop and discuss their real estate questions.

Then a short, fortyish, blonde stepped up and asked, “Are you Dave Thyfault?” She was accompanied by a teenager, presumably a daughter. I assumed the woman knew me from some of my marketing material, so I confirmed her suspicion. Then she shocked me when she said, “I am Claudia W.” (last name withheld to protect the guilty)

I didn’t know what to say, but I have to admit I was a bit excited. I said “Claudia!?” (What an idiot, she just told me that!) Anyway, we said hello again, and I told her I was shocked she still remembered my name. Her exact reply is vividly in my mind, “A girl remembers the men in her life" she replied.

Her teenaged companion looked at her and then looked at me. Then she looked back at her mother and yelped something like, “EEEEEEEW”.

It was nice to see Claudia again. The last time we had seen each other we were 7-years old and in the second grade. We never kissed or held hands or anything like that, but we definitely had a crush on each other.

More "juicy" stories to follow.


Be sure to visit my other blog about Family Finances

No comments: