Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sister Jeanine


I have six sisters and each one of them has oddball traits. I would like to tell you that I am the only normal person in the family, but I doubt if I would get away with that. Anyway, I thought I would share some juicy details about each one of them with you, starting with the youngest one.

Jeanine is the baby of the group. She has many fascinating traits, but I will just tell you about one.

Jeanine has illustrated by her actions and comments that she would rather take 25,000 digital pictures (and growing) and forgo the time to organize and label them all, than take 1,000 pictures and keep good records about the who, why, when, where, and what of it all. It is not uncommon for her to have two digital cameras with her at the same time, each with hundreds of new photos waiting to be stashed away somewhere.

Now, do not suppose that I am criticizing her. That is not my point. She is not the least bit lazy or irresponsible. She packs each day with productive hours (a quality we both got from our mother), but there is only so much time, so we all have to decide where our priorities lie. She just likes to capture as many moments as possible and there is nothing wrong with that.

So, Jeanine chooses to take zillions of pictures now and live with the fact that someday it might be difficult to recall some of the details. She has suggested that she might organize it all some day, and perhaps she will, but I think she will be too busy taking new pictures to really do that.

But there is one thing she can count on: She will never be far from the people who have mattered to her the most. Every variation of each persons development is captured in her pictures...but it might take a while to find them.

What about you? Do you take lots of pictures?

Would you rather have volumes of pictures and live with incomplete notes, or would you rather look at a more select group of pictures and know who you are looking at and the other details?

Drop by my other blog if you want to know how to save a bunch of money the next time you buy a car.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm really organized with my photos, something Caroline always teases me about. I have all the photos I take organized chronologically, dated, with a little description of what happened and who was there. Then I number the photo albums so I know which order they're in. PLUS, I put all the CD negatives, labeled with the dates in order in a box, so I'll be able to know what years are on what CD. I like to know that I'll be able to recall what happened someday when my memory has faded a little, plus, it'll be nice for my family to be able to go through my pictures and see snippets of our life without being totally clueless as to what's going on.

But, organizing photos is kind of my hobby and I realize other people don't have the time or inclination to be so particular about their photos, so, to each's own.